This is hardware and software I use to make all this magic happen. I think this is a neat idea and like seeing people’s setups.
Last Updated: 2022-01-15
I run a dual OS setup using VFIO so I can have Linux and Windows running at the same time so I can play games. I used to use Wine and Proton and in general it’s fine but I mod Skyrim and Fallout a lot and it just goes easier with Windows. This setup is the best of both worlds
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler w/ LL ST120 Fans
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
- RAM: 128GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 3600
- Storage: 2x 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe
- GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6900XT
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti
- PSU: Corsair HX1200
- Case: LIAN LI PC-011 Dyanmic
- 2x 24″ Dell S2415H
- 1x 24″ Viewsonic VX2453
- Keyboard: ZSA Moonlander Mk1 with Cherry Brown switches
- Mouse: Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
This is stuff I use all the time:
- Firefox – Best browser, fight me.
- Obsidian – I originally used Joplin but after trying Obsidian I absolutely could not go back. Daily notes, Tasks and Dataview plugins are such amazing things that I honestly think virtually every other note app is inferior. Honest to god, I really think it’s THAT GOOD.
- Alacritty – Excellent terminal emulator that is EXTREMELY fast. One of the first things I ever use.
- Arch Linux – After running Gentoo forever and finally switching to Arch I hate that I waited so long to switch.
- GrapheneOS – A hardened de-googled version of Android for Pixel devices. Been using it since it was called CopperheadOS.
- Neovim – Not sure why you’d even want to use plain old VIM anymore.